Friday, April 27, 2012

My Feelings on Football Christmas

...

Yeah, that's them.

Here's the thing. Last year, football season was TOTALLY RUINED for me for a couple of reasons. The first is thanks to our Fantasy Football Team. See, the year before, a few of them who shall go unnamed, pulled some real bitch moves that manz and I thought were super shady. Well, last year we didn't really want to participate, but no, we were promised that the shenanigans would not continue. Yeah. You guessed it, they did. Needless to say, I was pissed and wanted to cut a bitch. Instead, I stopped caring about fantasy completely and said fuck it.

Secondly, I got all excited when there were heavy rumors about AJ and Norv getting the boot. I thought, finally, the Chargers can get out from under the reign of AJ and maybe hire a new coach, maybe take Norv back down to Offensive Coordinator or something. But no, that didn't happen either. Then I was really mad. I said, GTFOHWTBS, and stopped caring about football, and even for a short time boycotted playing Madden too because I was so heated about football in general.

But now, I live in Fresno, and most people here due to proximity are either Raiders or 49ers fans, so now I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I'm not amused with the Chargers, but I just CANNOT bring myself to be a Raiders fan even though Al kicked the bucket finally. And, I do like Patrick Willis, but is that enough to make me a fan of the Niners? I don't know.

So I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I don't know any football fans out here, so it's not like I have anyone to BS with about football either.

I will say that Trent Richardson (who was drafted by the Browns, so of course I know that) looks like the hipster love child of Busta Rhymes and Stevie Wonder, though.

Trent Richardson

Amirite?

This picture prompted a conversation with manz about how players who have bad vision handle things - I guess they all wear contacts or get Lasik? Manz said most of them wear contacts. Then he said:

"Well, EXCEPT ERIC DICKERSON!"

I felt like I knew that name, and then he shows me the following pictures:

Holy raging Jheri Curl, batman! That hair is SRS BIZNES. Somebody invested in some Soul Glo.


I fucking LOVE that for this photo he kept his glasses on. That's real commitment to your glasses, man. REAL commitment. He must have been like me. When people try to tell me nicely that hey, you know, there's such a thing as contacts? I get so fucking mad. Like I don't know that? And what are you saying about my taste in glasses, you asshole? I usually just say some shit like, "Oh, I don't know, I think my glasses give me CHARACTER." and give them the onceover. You go, Eric Dickerson. Keep doing the damn thing.


1 comment:

  1. LMAO @ your assessment of Trent Richardson.

    that's kinda interesting about Fresno being split between 49ers and Raiders fans. so does one half of the town not get along with the other?

    in the first 3 rounds of the draft the Chargers have picked up 3 defensive players. i think that's the right move. Phillips and his receivers are gonna be there on offense...but the AFC West is gonna be much improved next season so SD just needs to wake up and start playing before week 8.

    personally, i'm all in with my glasses. fuck contacts. too much hassle for me. i don't have to store my glasses in solution. if they had a glasses-wearing gang, i'm 4 eyes 4 life.

    ReplyDelete