Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mayhem and Bedlam

The title of this post sort of covers my life lately. I can't believe that it's been 3 months since I posted last. But based on my Google Reader RSS, seems like a lot of you are caught up IRL too.

The funny thing about me posting in my blog is that I've always used it as a way to vent or share things with the internets. But in the last few months it seems like I just wonder if anything I have to say is even worth posting. The stupid thing about that is...it's my fucking blog. Why should I care if what I have to say is "worth" posting? If it's mine, I can do whatever I want, right?

There have been a lot of things going on in the last few months. US politics are crazy. Do you guys realize we really are on the verge of having a crazy person running our country? And lest you scoff and say, "Nah, that won't happen", just think about what happened at the midterm elections. I never thought Tea Baggers would be elected to public office, but they were. And now we face one going up against Obama and possibly winning.

The world in general seems to have gone insane, too. The last few years have been really nuts in the rest of the world, and I keep saying the Apocalypse draws nigh. But then, maybe all this upheaval and change is a good thing in the long run? I'm not of the belief that democracy (at least how we practice it in the US) is the best thing for everyone, but I DO think that the people of a country should have a voice in how their country is run. All the natural catastrophes that have been happening are crazy, too. I don't think they're punishment from God or whatever deity you believe in. I'm hoping that they too signal change.

Manz and I are still great. Married life is awesome. We're planning on buying a house down here in SD soon. Well, as soon as we find one we like. The interesting thing about buying a house is that I find I understand why rappers and celebrities from the hood "sell out" and move away from the hood when they can. I don't think it's "selling out", exactly. I think it's finding that your quality of life is getting better, and you'd like to live in a place that reflects that, and also a place where you can relax and FEEL like you're at home. Home should be a sanctuary. Home should not be a place where you have to make sure you lock your doors and walk around fearfully at night. I've realized that for us, what matters most is the location of where we live. I want to live somewhere where all the things I like (i.e., coffee/caffeine sources, food, mild entertainment) are close by and within reasonable walking distance. So far we haven't quite found a place that's nice in and of itself but also in an area where there's some shit happening.

Work is work. I feel like I shouldn't even be talking about it during free time like I am now. I still love my job, but my local organization is so fucked up, and I'm still stuck with the group of co-workers (I call them "the dummies") that make me miserable. I'm getting better at saying "fuck them" and concentrating on myself and what I'm doing.

Last but not least, manz and I have had our non-working lives taken over by the anime Bleach. It's fucking awesome. Great idea for a story, good writing, good characters, just wow. We've been watching it every single day practically for the last few weeks. I think I like it more than Fullmetal Alchemist, which is saying a lot. I think we're probably going to start watching more anime. Especially since this and FMA have been so good.

I think I like my previous idea of posting whenever or wherever I am, (I got Blogsy on my iPad, which goes almost everywhere I do these days) and using this blog how I did my social media platforms. This is my place to say what I want, when I want, and how I want.

2 comments:

  1. Keep doing what you're doing. I enjoy your refreshing style of writing. I feel it is your inner voice speaking to me.
    Stay centered in your own knowing, and you can achieve nothing less than success.
    Question: What animes have you seen recently?

    -A resting traveler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, traveler!

    I think your comment may have been what I needed to feel better about writing in my blog again. I've had a hard time finding my voice in the last few months. But I think it's back.

    Hmm. Anime that I've seen recently...well, we watched a few episodes of Death Note, which I found intriguing, but manz was not a fan of. It tripped me out because it felt like it should be a movie instead of an anime, for some reason. We also watched a few episodes of Samurai Champloo, but unfortunately the Netflix version has bad dubbing, which makes me ultra mega sadface sad.

    I am not ashamed to admit (okay, maybe a little) that we've been watching Naruto. It's not the kiddy anime I thought it was.

    ReplyDelete