Thursday, April 28, 2011

Madden 12

I am sure you guys already know this, but yesterday the winner for the cover of Madden 12 was announced. I have to say I thought it was really cool that they let us vote on it, because then the people who we really wanna see on the cover or who we feel deserves it ends up making the cover. Well, theoretically anyway. I kept forgetting until it was down to 8 choices but then I voted as often as I could. Of the last 4 I would have been happy with all of the contenders, but honestly the actual winner made me the happiest:
I don't think anyone was happier than manz to see Peyton Hillis actually winning. Last night I watched the announcement with both Mike Vick and Peyton Hillis and it was really awesome how gracious Mike Vick was. Plus I'm sure that he feels the sting of the Madden curse from the first time around. But as they say, 2 curses cancel each other out, so manz is hoping that this means Cleveland will get somewhere this year.
Side note: When I was talking to manz about the results, this is what went down.
Me: That's so awesome that Hillis won! I'm so glad for you and Browns fans!
Manz: Yeah, he's the first Cleveland player to be on the cover of a major sports game in any sport EVER.
Me: Wow, really? That's even more awesome! I guess everyone loves an underdog.
Manz: (2 seconds after I said "underdog") Yeah, way more so than someone who murders dogs.
ZING!
PS: Damnit JDL you beat me to the punch, I saw your comment as I was typing this post out!

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Ooops. Sorry.

    but your man's comment: claaasssiiiccc! i had to go back and read it a couple of times.
    has anybody made the cover twice? i wouldn't be mad if they made it a rule you can only get the cover once.

    ReplyDelete