Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day! (And other random shit.)

Today I suppose we're supposed to think about all the things that we're thankful for. I used to think I didn't have a whole lot to be thankful for, considering the shitty start my life had and all. But as I get older I realize that the traditional things people are thankful for just need to be applied differently to me. And anyhow, since when have I ever been traditional?

I'm first and foremost thankful for my stubborn streak and almost insane desire to win, because that's what led me to being manz wifey. I can't say I'm thankful for HIM exactly, especially considering he really fought me in the very beginning, and I didn't just "receive" him and our relationship, I had to work at that shit, god damnit. (Sidenote: I haven't blogged for the last few days because we finally took some time off for a mini-honeymoon and there was no fuckin' internet where we were at.)

I'm next thankful for my sometimes ridiculous way of questioning myself and my decisions, because that's what led me to the friends I have today. I used to honestly disqualify almost all women from being friend material. Well, for obvious reasons. I was stuck in this belief that if I was going to be friends with a girl that she HAD to be a girl like me and like the same things I do. Unfortunately I met a couple of girls "like me" but that didn't work out so well. (Read: the girl who said she liked video games ended up liking only the lame ones girls like, and the girl who said she liked comics was a HUGE Marvel fangirl and hated Batman. HATED Batman. Can you BELIEVE that shit? Who hates Batman, for fuck's sake?) But anyway, I realized maybe this was stupid, and so now I'm glad for my friends because they've made life down here in SD infinitely more fun, and they've all helped me in a lot of different ways. I'm especially thankful for my friends today, especially Shellie, because she will be providing me and manz with the noms today.

I hope you all have some noms today, wherever you are.

Onto the random shit.

Random NFL thoughts: At Chilly being fired - AHAHAHAHAHA! At Vince Young being an emo kid and throwing a tantrum - Seriously? At Vince Young sending Jeff Fisher a text apologizing and Fisher not having it - AHAHAHAHAHA!

Random politricks thoughts: Soooo Sarah Palin has Kim Jong Il's back apparently.  Seriously? And people think this woman should be our President?

Last but not least:

Gran Turismo 5: Copped yesterday and we played for like 8 hours. This shit is awesome. Review to come later.

5 comments:

  1. i didn't think it was humanly possible to hate Batman. i learned something for Thanksgiving this year.

    Vince Young = Wee-Tah-Ded
    Sarah Pailin = WEE-TAH-DED

    And you already know how much i value your opinion on games. I could wait for your full review of GT5, but "This shit is awesome" is all i needed to see. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I didn't think it was humanly possible to hate Batman, either. I mean, the awesome art and writing Batman has had throughout the last decade...it's just amazing. I wanted to punch that bitch in the face when I heard that shit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

    And I hope she dies from a batarang to the throat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which she? Sarah Palin or the Batman hater?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Batman hater of course.

    But then Palin needs to get thrown under a batmobile.

    ReplyDelete