So, I'm not supposed to be playing because I promised manz I wouldn't until I did one of the following:
A: Finished my thesis (LAWL)
B: Got to the Super Bowl and either won or lost on my Madden '10 team
I'm in the playoffs and about 2 games away from being either in the Super Bowl or not, but these 50 something hours I been working every week including Saturdays has been brutal. With that said, I sure as hell ain't finishing my thesis anytime soon.
Anyway, so manz is playing his first game on it, and I have some initial thoughts and observations:
- The soundtrack sucks balls. It's almost all classic rock, which I don't mind, but the only song I really like on there is Blur's "Song 2". The Hives' song "Tick Tick Boom" is all right, and so are a few of the other tracks, but to represent hip hop there's the Ying Yang Twins, Weezy, and ARCHIE EVERSOLE? Who the fuck is Archie Eversole? Actually, I don't care, because his song is horrible.
- The new guy Gus Johnson that they have as the play by play announcer alongside Cris Collinsworth is really good. He's WAY better than the previous, and a much better contrast to Cris. Cris seems a little subdued actually, compared to Gus, which is great for me, because most of the time I want to punch Cris in the jimmy.
- The new "offensive coordinator" thing they're doing, I'm not so sure about. I guess they pretend like you're the QB and you've got the offensive coordinator talking to you in your helmet earpiece like he would IRL. Which sounds cool in theory. So far the only thing I KNOW I don't like is he has an annoying accent. It's like a weird amalgam of New York Italian and New Jersey. Also I'm not sure how necessary he is. Well, for manz, he's not so necessary at all 'cause manz has been playing Madden for like 15 years now, and been a football fan for about 25 years now soooo its not like he needs pointers. But I guess if you're not 100% on point with your football knowledge then its an asset.
- They changed their kick meter back to the accuracy/power meter. I am ambivalent 'cause I never do the kicking.
- They changed some of the controls, like turning off speed burst. That is some bullshit. Also, they made fatigue WAY more a factor, which I don't like. Seems like I may end up using my 3rd string RB a lot more than I have before. Which is fine, because my third string RB is gonna be Ryan Mathews. (GO BOLTS!)
- I am gonna post at some point one of the loading screens where there's a shot of Eli Manning looking like he's retard strong and it cracks me up. SO RIDICS. But the intro is really cool and while there sure is a WHOLE LOT of Drew Brees in it (yes, I know, shut up) it seems less geared towards the player saying how awesome he is, and more focused on Drew talking about team and city loyalty. I think I like the change.
That's it for now, but I'll have a better idea of the game as a whole once I actually finish my season on '10.