Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Inception!

If you haven't seen it, you need to. And yes, you do need to see it in the theater. You know me being Asian AND an internet nerd means I hate paying for shit, but I'll be damned if that shit was not amazing in the theater experience. I saw it a couple weeks ago, and I thought it was great for the following reasons:

- I am a huge fan of Christopher Nolan. I think I've seen everything of his at least twice except Following, but I do plan to watch that when I actually get some god damned time.
- I am a fan of Leonardo DiCaprio since The Departed.
- I think Joseph Gordon Levitt is my movie boyfriend since I saw him in Brick. Now, considering my nature, I hardly EVER, and I mean EVER actually like dudes like that. It doesn't matter if it's a celebrity or a regular dude, but generally, about most guys, I don't ever look at them that way. I don't think I've called any dude "hot" in about 10-12 years. But in Brick, I loved his character. I didn't know if I'd like him in anything else, but I did like him in this, so I suppose he's my movie boyfriend for now.
- I love movies that make you think and talk about it afterwards. I especially love movies that at the end you're sitting there like "WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED". Its even better when you have to watch it again just to convince yourself that yes, that shit really did happen the way you remember.

I wasn't gonna talk about Inception here but I saw this infographic (yes, I'm so nerdy, I do love infographics) that I thought was awesome that I wanted to share:

2 comments:

  1. ok...earth shattering confession time: i haven't seen Inception yet. i don't know why. i just haven't made my way to the theater lately. and just like you, i hate paying for shit i can easily get for free, but i refuse to watch a Cam/Tele version of Inception. i'll either drag my ass (and the wife's) to the theater or wait for a Blu-Ray rip to download. also like you, i'm a huge Christopher Nolan fan...seen Following twice. you'll like the nice twist at the end. the only DiCaprio movies i've seen are the Departed and Shutter Island - liked both. Levitt owns pretty much every role he takes - i liked Uncertainty...even tho it's a 5.9 on IMDb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it is WORTH IT. Take the wife and check it this weekend. And I'll be sure to check Following on our movie night on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete