Thursday, July 8, 2010

Backstabbers

They smile in your face...


Those of you that have rolled with this bitch *points at self* for a little while know that manz is from Cleveland. And if you've listened to ANY god damned media outlet for the last week, you also know what's been going down in the Cleve.

I'm not sure if this is for reals or not, but you guys need to go visit the Cavs site here. I really hope it's for real, because if so, DAN GILBERT HAS SOME HUGE FUCKING BALLS. HUGE.

My favorite parts are:

"As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier. This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment. Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us. The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you."

And also:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE

You can take it to the bank. If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels. Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there."

SNAP.

I won't discuss how I really feel about it because I always have the unpopular opinion where celebrities and their lives are concerned, and plus manz and I already came close to arguing about it. (Funny that we only get close to arguing when it comes to video games or sports.)

You know what though? I am still blown away by such authoritative usage of Comic Sans. I mean, seriously.

7 comments:

  1. I really think Ohioans are being big fags about it. Just because he was born in your city doesn't mean he should forced to stay there and share their failures. However, they should've known Lebron would be a big diva pussy bitch since he came straight out of high school getting Nike contracts and rap songs dedicated to him. I think this whole thing is overblown. Nobody made this big of a deal when McNabb was given to the FUCKING REDSKINS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do think that the Ohioans that are crying that he left and "how dare he because he's a hometown boy" are being big fags, yes. Because honestly he has the fucking right to do whatever he pleases. I don't care who you are, but most people will sell out their dearly beloved mother for money, and he definitely has the right to do what he pleases when he pleases and whatever he feels is right for his family.

    With that said however, if I were a Cleveland fan, I think I would be pissed about 3 things. I don't think I'd care so much about him leaving, but HOW he did it was not too classy, and dickish for Cleveland fans, Knicks fans, and Chicago fans. Also, I think that I'd be more pissed about the fact that he said time and time again that he was loyal, that he was a hometown boy, and that he wasn't a ringchaser, or someone to just jump ship and go to a different team to just win. Lastly, and most importantly, if you look at the city's history, never until now did they have the money to keep a big star, but even that wasn't enough to keep a big star who was ALSO a hometown boy in Cleveland...so how are they ever going to attract and keep anyone else? (Not to mention Bosh said he'd play ANYWHERE ELSE other than Cleveland most likely for that reason, which is pretty fucked up.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And seriously...how would you feel if it was Ray Lewis up and did this shit to your Ravens? So he's not a hometown boy, but they've BUILT that team around him for what, over a decade now...and it'd be pretty fucked up for him to pull that kind of shit, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way he left is probably more offensive to Cavs fans, than the fact he left. To leave your fans and city at the edge of their seats, speculating, drawing up conspiracy theories only to find he was never gonna stay. That's where all the disappointment comes from.

    My theory, the government & BP paid him to do this so people would stop paying attention to the oil leak. I keed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it would be, but hey, he can do what he want. We thought we were going to lose him like two seasons ago, but fortunately he didn't leave. If Ray Lewis left the Ravens, we definitely wouldn't write him an angry letter like a spurned girlfriend. We probably would cry though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. damn, i'm late to the comment party.
    Yeah, Cavs fans should have known he was going to leave. This isn't the 80s...hardly anybody stays with one team their whole career. But I agree that the way the whole thing went down was classless. That's athletes for you. I just read a minute ago that Lebron was in NY for Carmello's wedding and he got booed by people. hahaha. I guess I'm supposed to pissed he didn't come to the Knicks? Whatever. If all this blows up in Lebron's face it'll be his own fault.

    ReplyDelete