Friday, April 23, 2010

Mawwiage.

So I think most of you are aware of the fact that I got married on Saturday, and it was really great and everything went well, good weather, good food, good liquor, good music (none of that bullshit you hear at other weddings, we played everything from Muse to Mos Def) so all in all it was amazing. Only thing I think would have been better is if I coulda drank more and not had everyone wanting to take pictures or dance with me and shit.

But anyhow, I thought I'd put it out there that I had to get married in true nerd fashion. So here's our vows from the ceremony. And yes, we really DID use these:

Mine:


I vow:
To believe in you, even if my job was to debunk your work and you believed in crazy alien government conspiracies.
To still love you and want to be with you even if you were a member of the Thieves Guild and I couldn’t even touch you because I couldn’t control my powers.
To be your psychologist and then help you escape from Arkham Asylum.
To understand that, "As you wish" really means “I love you.”

His:


I vow:
To protect and serve... To keep you safe and happy as long as their is still air in my lounges, or longer yet if I ever become part robot an no need air.
To cherish you above all else... For you shall always be my most epic of loots.
To hug you and squeeze you into itty bitty pieces
And know this...
I will always come for you. Be it if held captive by Prince Humperdink or imprisoned by an interstellar gangster and frozen in carbonite.

I don't care if this brands me as nerdy beyond redemption for the rest of my life, but shit, the vows if anything were totally US. I mean, we covered almost ALL of nerd/geek culture in one fell swoop. The only thing we didn't put in (for obvious reasons) is references to math or science.

Now tell me that shit is NOT fucking awesome.

10 comments:

  1. "I will always come for you. Be it if held captive by Prince Humperdink or imprisoned by an interstellar gangster and frozen in carbonite."

    CLASSIC

    You have to youtube this or stream it or something. I want to see the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And oh yeah, we DID read our vows off our phones, him off his iPhone and me off my BB Bold. People were DYING. I'll post up some pics on the FB prolly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLYFUCKINGSHITYOUGUYSARESOGODDAMNNERDYTHERESHOULDBEALAWAGAINSIT.

    I'm glad you both found each other.

    One

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one exclamation/word is AWESOME. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesomest vows ev. er.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it could've used an "ALL MY HEART ARE BELONG TO YOU" but it was very romantic nonetheless.

    I mean nerdy. Nerdmantic, if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG WHY DIDN'T WE THINK OF THAT! EPIC FAIL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MY UTMOST SHOUTS TO U MISSSSSS!!!! wel now MRS., but you get the drift. Much continued success and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm late! Nooooooooooooo!

    Anyways, sorry for that but

    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Marcus and Ever! Appreciate the sentiments!

    ReplyDelete