Saturday, March 6, 2010

Conversations With...

This is a segment of my blog where I talk about discussions I've had with other people. Or perhaps they're conversations I overheard, or conversations other people have told me they had. But basically, these are all going to be about shit I find interesting or thought provoking or funny in some way.



This one was a convo between myself, manz, and our boy Ian during the Superbowl. We were commenting on how Dwight Freeney was able to play even though his ankle had recently been injured, and all three of us were speculating on how he had accomplished that. Most of these were interplay between Ian and manz, because through most of it I was dying and couldn't breathe.

Ian: Oh, I know, to figure out how to make his ankle better, he must have had a sword and put it up to his face and said, "Sword of omen, give me sight beyond sight!"
Manz: Nah, what he really said was, "Ancient forces of evil, transform this decayed body into Mumm Ra the Everliving!"
Ian: Or, he dipped his ankle in the River Styx.
Manz: I think he contacted the ghost of Pat Morita, who clapped his hands & rubbed them together on his ankle and it was healed.
Ian: No, no, he was training w/ a sword, he cut off the trainer's sword & said "There can be only one!" then was struck by lightning.
Me: No, he did have a sword but he went up the side of a mountain with his cat, and then he said, "By the Power of Grayskull!" and his cat turned into a Battle Cat and he was suddenly totally ripped AND his ankle was all healed.
Ian: Or maybe he put his ankle in the Lazarus Pit.

We ran the gamut of so much nerd culture here, it was pretty much out of control. We never did decide what Dwight Freeney actually did to make his ankle better, though.

1 comment: