Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sgt. Roger Murtaugh, I salute you!

As people who watch How I Met Your Mother may know, there is a thing called the Murtaugh list, which is comprised of shit that you are too old for. I've realized that one of the things on that list is drinking and walking around, and then staying up till 3 AM.

Manz and I went down to South Park to hang with our peeps, during what they call a Walkabout. It's basically a time where all the vendors in the neighborhood display their wares, and everyone in the neighborhood comes out to socialize and sample the wares available. For me, that consisted of a hot toddy, a shot at the bar, an ass kicking Dirty Shirley, mixed with a bean and cheese burrito, a chocolate cupcake, and a s'more. Yes, a s'more. How awesome is it that I got to roast my own marshmallow and put it together myself? I felt like I was 10 again. Fucking sweet.



Unfortunately this is kinda how I feel this morning. But, I don't regret it. Good food, good drinks, good friends, all in all it was a good and fun evening, which worked out well 'cause I've been having a FUCKING TERRIBLE WEEK. I just hope this means that the coming week is better than the last. Because if it isn't I am so going Falling Down on THAT ASS.

PS. I would like to say at this time that I really miss Mel. I love the girls but I am not too girly, so watching Made of Honor for part of the evening kind of did make me want to gouge my own eyes out. Thank god there was discussion of sports, comic books and video games the rest of the evening to prevent me from ovulating repeatedly. (^5 to you, Ian!)

3 comments:

  1. I think I'm getting to that point where a Murtagh list is ready to be written.

    The next morning always sucks, but getting up to that point with good friends and shit. Always worth that damn elephant doing jump jacks on your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maid of Honor! Gag! It's worse than I thought!!! Was it on that fucking Lifetime for "Women" channel?

    I propose a change in semantics. We are still girly and lovely and sweet, but with teeth, blood and guts. We're fine and I don't want to be a guy cuz they have their own set of problems and their bits dangle outside their bodies (untidy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pago, I think it all happens to us once we get closer to 30. For some of us it happens earlier/later than others, I guess.

    Mel, I agree, but I still want balls.

    ReplyDelete