Sunday, November 1, 2009

Twisted Princesses

I think most of you are aware by now that I am not a fan of Disney nor do I support their products in any way, shape, or form if I can help it. I am a HUGE Tigger fan, but gave away most of the paraphernalia a few years back when I first heard of the horrible business ethics and human rights violations Disney was committing. In any case, I've never been a huge fan of the Disney Pricesses, mostly because it took them forever to add some colored women into the mix, and also because I actually AM a huge fan of the real origins of the fairy tales that Disney misappropriates and intensely dislike the whole "Disney" ending to the stories I read growing up. (What with this whole Disney buyout of Marvel, I'm also none too amused, although they've said that at Marvel it'd be business as usual...but we'll see.)

In any case, I've seen a few really great things on the Disney Princesses lately that I thought I'd share:


I love them being deconstructed like this. It's sick how this bullshit is fed to young girls and we're basically brainwashed to believe that we can't really get by without beauty or using our sexuality in some way. Even Belle, the smartest of the Princesses, can't get by solely on her brains, after all, she's aka Beauty, isn't she? This is just one of the reasons why there are so many bad relationships today, because as children, we're fed these stupid ideals of what women should be, and what women need to do or be to get men, and what relationships should be, just happily ever after.

I love these twisted interpretations of the Princesses, I find them all much more attractive and interesting than the originals.


I love that she's got a fork for a hand, and that there's seaweed attached to her tail. PLUS that her pet is a piranha. I want a pet piranha.



She'd make a great hookup for Scarecrow, wouldn't she? I'm thinking that Dr. Crane would really think she was smokin' hot.



Emo Sleeping Beauty is Emo. I love the mascara that's run down her cheeks and the black lipstick. Awesome/



Wow, I'd totally poke that hontas, if you knowwhati'msayinnnn. She looks super hot and super wicked.


Of course I had to save the Asian for last. She looks like a real warrior, her sword is cool, and I also want a pet dragon along with my pet piranha.

No comments:

Post a Comment