Monday, November 23, 2009

Gaywatch!

I'm an avid Daily Show watcher, and I have to say that nothing amused me more last week than seeing Mick Foley saying he'd protect Will Phillipps, the 10 year old boy who refused to say the Pledge of Allegiance until gay men and lesbians also had equal rights under the law. Two things of note on this: One, that I really did think that Will Phillipps parents put him up to it, or somehow influenced him in some way. At least, I thought that until I heard him speak. He's extremely articulate. The second item of note is that Mick Foley was awesome back when he was Mankind and was one half of the Rock and Sock Connection.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Gaywatch - Peter Vadala & William Phillips
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Crisis

3 comments:

  1. Saw bits of that kid's interview, he handled himself very well for his age, better than most people 3 times that age probably could.

    What got me was the way the interviewer directed questions, like he was Bill Cosby on "Kids say the Darnedest Things." Doesn't seem like enough people are taking him seriously, only making a fuss about him because he's a kid, as opposed to recognizing the point/belief he is making and standing up for.

    And really, I have to ask myself now....What have I done lately to support what I believe in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, honestly, the lamest bit of the interview was when the interviewer asked the kid "What's a gaywad?" Really? I mean, REALLY?

    I always think it's a good idea to do things as much as possible to support what you believe in. I guess that's the reason it's taking me so long to find another job. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete