Saturday, June 20, 2009

Random Artfaggotry

Of course as is known by most people that know me by now, I'm quite the artfag. Now admittedly, I'm kind of an odd artfag because I don't like all things artsy, and I certainly don't have any funky artistic skill, designing abilities, or even awesome fashion sense. But I DO have an abundant appreciation of those people that do have these things. And so I present some photos I saw from a British photographer named Toby Allen, using a technique called "tilt shift". What's cool about them is that it seems like its just pictures of miniatures, but these are photos of actual places in London and they look the way they do because he uses the tilt shift technique:









If you'd like to see more, click here.

4 comments:

  1. OK, that's frikken awesome.

    Damn. One of these is going to be my desktop background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have no idea how it's done, but the technique is so amazing. I like the snow one best myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would've never thought in a million years that those were real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pago: I KNOW. At first I was like "You gotta be shittin' me" but I figure that the Telegraph is a reputable source, so they wouldn't lie. Plus I've seen other recent photos of it, but not as good. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete