Friday, April 10, 2009

We're the Architects Of Our Last Stand

*Edited to add link to my old post*

So, now that I'm off of school I have more time to sort of bring a little more variety of stream of consciousness to the blog like I do when I have more time to write. However, it seems that in between the time before school started and now quite a few more people have been coming to check it out, which is always nice. But I'd just like to inform anyone reading of what to expect from me and from this blog overall. Some of you have missed my older, more reflective, TL;DR posts, and they're going to be making a comeback. With that said, I have something people should read, partially pulled from my post a couple years ago on the Virginia Tech shootings:

"There's a war going on for your mind
Those who seek to occupy it will stop at nothing
The battlefield is everywhere
There is no sanctuary, there are no civilians
You have two choices:
Surrender or enlist"

DISCLAIMER:
My father, in his teachings of martial arts to me, often said two phrases that I always thought were the corniest shit I had ever heard. They now seem very applicable. "Your greatest enemy is within you" and "No pain, no gain". For those of you that CANNOT think outside of the box, that persist in being held back by traditional ways of thinking, are not open minded, and just want to be led like sheep, don't bother reading this blog, because you won't understand it, and more than likely it will upset you quite a bit.

Furthermore, what I mean by repeating those two statements my father made is simply that, its true that your most fearsome enemy is yourself. Only you have the capability of lying to yourself and hurting yourself more than anyone ever could. Only you have the ability to pull the wool over your own eyes and persist in propagating your own ignorance. All the things that I have to say, and all the things I think about are probably going to upset most if not all people, but you know what? Too bad. There is no growth without some pain, hence the term GROWING PAINS. There is no advancement without some suffering. If you can read what I have to say and understand it, then I commend you for being an individual, someone able to THINK. I don't ask that you agree with me, only that you really and truly think about what I have to say, even if it makes you mad, even if it upsets you. ESPECIALLY if it does those things.

The reason I think about certain things and talk about them, is because I'm trying to get people to think about the things they don’t want to is because I DO want to try and do what I can to help prevent these types of terrible things from happening. And if you hate me or are angry with me for it, fine. All I can say is I’m not surprised, and I don’t blame you. But I'm not sorry. If I’ve mad you angry, if I’ve at least made you think, then I’ve done something. And maybe if this makes you talk to someone else about it, then even better. As Malcolm X once said: “Usually when people are sad they don't do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change." I know I’m angry. I almost hope you are too.

"When I wanna shut out this world, wanna rip up this page
Wanna pour out this heart, wanna get up on this stage
And my lips become percussion, and my fists become the rage
And I pound on this table, 'til it gives me something to say
Then I think about things that Ive seen
Right in front of me
That I don't wanna believe
Gimme one of these mics
Let me let em know
The way that it is, is not how its gonna be
Not if we don't let em get ahead of us
The present tension's no threat
Its just a fence across the path
That we're already ready to walk
Rock solid footsteps
Let 'em put up obstacles
And prove that it isnt possible
Fuck that
We dont give in anyway
True liberty and freedoms at stake
Peace will never become passe
Live my life until my last day"

No comments:

Post a Comment