Monday, April 27, 2009

<3 Being A Gamer

I fucking love being a gamer. I mean, aside from playing video games, which is amazing, I love the gamer mentality, and the attitude, and the whole lifestyle.

Nothing expresses this MORE than this right here: (And in related news, I feel the same way about gaming and gamers as stated by Mr. Pinkhaired Kitteh. Shit is ridiculous these days.) (Oh, and in other related news, I LOVE the Colbert Report, too which is what makes this extra good to me.)


What I HATE about being a gamer (and a comic book lover, and a hip hop head, and a sports fan *siiigh*) is this kind of fucking mentality right here:



I mean, I get the rivalry, I get the loyalty. But me personally? I'm thinking that a definitive gamer really just loves to play games. And that means games on any platform. Any console. Even PCs. Or Macs for that matter. Whatever. The point is, you just love playing games PERIOD. End of story.

And last but not least. Am I wrong for laughing at this?

Okay, I know I'm wrong, and I love Nirvana, but it can't be too soon. *raises eyebrow and strokes chin* Or CAN IT? DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!

7 comments:

  1. Pago the Drunken PianistApril 27, 2009 at 5:07 PM

    Despite the badassnessess of the shotgun wii controller, that comic is just wrong. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, God, I hate auto-aimers. I will admit that I am indeed a PS3 fanboy, but not in the sense that I go to gaming websites and shit on the 360. I play all the systems, although I have a certain distain towards Nintendo's love for shitty shovelware, but I'd much rather spend my money on Sony shit. I'd also like to add that I've laughed at Penny Arcade more than I laughed at most TV shows and movies that include voices and movement.

    . . . Fucking Xbots. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ E-Rich. I had 2 xbox 360's shit on me in the past 6 months.

    I was going to grab a PS3 after playing through MGS4 (Classic), but opted to just build a gaming PC.

    I might just grab a PS2, and grab all the old games (FF series, MGS1, Devil May Cry, etc.) for old times' sake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Allayouse: I have a 360, a PS3, and play games online on my computer, too. I think I play about 4 games online, it's kinda disturbing. And sometimes I think there aren't enough games for me to play. I'm nerdier than you guys combined, I think.

    @E-Rich: Say word re: auto-aimers. That shit was crazy in CS when people had aimbots. And I do love Penny Arcade.

    @Pago: Sir, you're amusing and welcome here as always. Although I wish I knew who you were! I get the feeling I know you from somewhere. What games you play on a PC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've said this before but...

    I've been a gamer since I was 4. I love gaming, not enough to ruin my social life, but enough to where if someone asks me to go to a place that's not interesting, I'll say no, so I can play Tetris for the rest of the night.

    Wolfenstein 3D was my first FPS. Zork was my first adventure game. The Legend Of Zelda was the first time I ever completed a game 100%. I've got so many memories from gaming that the VG Cats comic makes me smile and frown at the same time.

    What was the last truly great game I played? I think it was CoD4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pago needs to shaveApril 28, 2009 at 5:35 PM

    Unless you've been to American Samoa, I don't think you would know me.

    As far as games go, I mostly play CS 1.6, Doom 3, UT, and other FPS. Mainly play through LAN parties due to my current location's poor internet speed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @shehateme: Well, we both love being gamers and we've been gamers for many years now, so that's a given between us.

    @Pago: Ah, guess not. Unless you frequent the sites I do, which is always a possibility. I see you're more of an old school FPSer, I can dig it. I was too, until WoW came along. *sigh* MMORPGS is crazy.

    ReplyDelete