Friday, February 6, 2009

Sir Mix A Lot/Spinal Tap: Ahead Of Their Time



So to balance out the fail from my last post, I've decided to write about some win. And what do Sir Mix A Lot and Spinal Tap have in common, you ask? They're men after my own heart, because they like girls with meat on their bones. Now, having meat on your bones has always until very recently been a bad thing, especially with the modeling industry and Hollywood setting the trends on what women are supposed to look like. I call bullshit on that personally, but hey, whatever. Women's health articles are always talking about how to help you lose weight. Next time you're at the market, check out the front of women's magazines. How many articles are listed about weight?

But, according to this article Harvard Medical found that "buttock and hip fat may protect women against type 2 diabetes...by releasing certain hormones. People with the apple shape, where fat is stored around the tummy, can be more prone to type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Those with pear-shaped bodies, where fat is collected in the buttocks, are less likely to have these disorders."

So at least I can say I have a lesser chance of developing type 2 diabetes. On that note, I leave you with a picture of Miss Alexis Texas' big bottom.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for ass! I'm a huge fan. *Waves a foam #1 finger*

    One.

    ReplyDelete