Saturday, February 21, 2009

I. Am. A. NERD/GEEK/Retard/All of the above.

So, me and the manz invested in a new TV for the new place, a 37" LCD flatscreen. It's pretty big pimpin'. I really like it, and am glad we didn't get a plasma, 'cause not only are they dying out anyway, but they're huge energy hoggers and bad for the environment.

Of course, since we got it earlier this week, most of what we've done on it is play video games (COD: World at War, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, NBA 2k9) and watch some Sportscenter. However, manz reminded me that we don't need a region free player for the moment to watch all our foreign films, since we can just hook up my MacBook Pro to the TV since it's got a VGA input. SWEET! We did it last night for the first time in order to watch Drunken Master 2. I had to break manz off with some REAL Jackie Chan knowledge. (He had written Jackie Chan off after only seeing part of Rumble in the Bronx and Rush Hour. I gave him what Chris Rock calls the female beatbox and educated him.)

ANYWAY. So in reference to the title of the post? Here's what I decided to pull up first when we got the 'puter hooked up to the TV.



Looking at my level 70, pre-WotLK character made me kinda wanna get the expansion. I'm scared though. I know how I get with video games. Now is not a good time when I'm working 50+ hours a week, going to grad school 3/4 time, and in the middle of a season on NBA 2k9, and getting into CoD. Plus I need to start Rockband 2 and Street Fighter 4. There need to be more hours in the day for my video game playing habits.

3 comments:

  1. Hm, it has now become a test of will to keep from re-installing WoW.
    Oh, and you aren't a retard, you are a dedicated scholar of recreational technology. Wear the title with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stormy,

    If you re-install WoW, I will take Diora and transfer her to Arygos or wherever you wish. Nemitz will come too.

    Just sayin'.

    <3333333

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiight, my wii may actually make it out of the box...u got me inspired.

    ReplyDelete