Friday, December 5, 2008

Clerks 2 - 60 second review

So, I watched about...half of this movie. And I'm doing a review after watching half because I don't know if I'll be able to watch the other half. This is not to say that the first half wasn't good, but...well, I digress.

The first half was great. A lot of really good humor of all kinds, and of course I love the appearance of Jay and Silent Bob, ESPECIALLY when Jay goes into his "Silence of the Lambs" impression, which ends with this lovely visual:



Oh yeah, Jay went there. He tucked under and EVERYTHING. As I said, the humor was good, Rosario Dawson was cute and hot. I dig her in glasses in this movie.



I liked Randall's exchanges with Elliott, and of course Dante was a silly bitch, as usual. But shortly after the "Silence of the Lambs" moment of the movie, came the part that I was not down with nor did I find funny in ANY WAY. Yes, it was the "porchmonkey" comment. Now, I would have been fine with just that one comment. Well, not fine, but I could have accepted it as part of the movie and moved on. But then they had to use every god damned racial slur against Black Americans possible, and then a WHITE MAN, namely Randall, had to say the N word like 38478197340871409 times. Was that really necessary Kevin Smith? I love you and all, but REALLY? I even felt a little ill afterwards and we turned the movie off.

Note to all directors out there - racial humor is only funny in small doses, and certainly not when it's racial slurs repeated 1000 times by the white oppressor, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment