Thursday, September 18, 2008

Banksy's Got Balls. Yes, I Said Balls...And Other News

My favorite insurgent graffiti artist Banksy is at it again. I always love hearing about his latest shenanigans, and this time he's brought his art back to the US...New Orleans and Alabama to be exact.

Here are a few of the pieces of art that graced the public areas of New Orleans.









The only comment I can make is on the last one, and that comment is one word: Damn.

The next piece of work was found in Birmingham, Alabama, at an abandoned gas station.





And another comment for this one: "Damn. That's hardcore." If that isn't a statement, I don't know what is. Social commentary, anyone?

Apparently someone had the nerve to be offended.



I personally love graffiti art that really is art, or that's a serious statement, or both. Banksy seems to hit on both of these themes quite well, and it seems like more people are taking up the torch.

My top 5 favorite pieces of Graffiti Art Making A Statement are:




Is he? Who knows.




Could just be me, but seems like the last 2 artists don't think much of the Bushes.


The geek in my loves this characterization. I can't help it. It's JABBA, man!

No comments:

Post a Comment