Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bullshit!

I just realized that something I've had in my possession for the last oh, 15 years would have been perfect last night.

When I was 16, my dear, dear friend Joanne, much older than me at the time, somewhere in her 40s, I think, took me to The Pleasure Chest in West Hollywood. At the time I was much younger, much more...innocent in a lot of ways. I was SO cynical and jaded already, but new so very little about the world other than all the horrible things people are really capable of.

As I have spoken about elsewhere in this blog, Joanne did her best to broaden my horizons in every single way possible. When she took me to the Pleasure Chest, I had no idea where we were going, and when we got there I had no idea what it was. I did stop at the door when I noticed the HUGE sign on the door saying, "NO ONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ALLOWED". She pulled me in anyway. As you can expect, I saw a lot of things that day, a variety of toys, literature, clothing, and...paraphernalia. My horizons were considerable broadened after the hour I spent there. Before I left though, I wanted to have something to take with me to remember the experience. Of course I wanted a penis-shaped lollipop, and my inner demon of perversity and contrariness wanted to bring one home and how it to my dad, just to see what he'd say. I decided to bring this home instead, and handed one to my dad.


The thing on the side was actually on the top of the package, I included that in the picture as well because the list amused me.

No comments:

Post a Comment