Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kill You

For the record, for the last few days I have been writing a somewhat long and involved little essay on the recent Virginia Tech killings. However, I'm putting this out there now: The next person that contacts me that says, "Hey, you're Korean...and YOU liked that movie Oldboy, isn't it one of your favorite movies?" WILL suffer the consequences. (No, I'm not talking about you, CJ) It was pointed out to me this morning that I should be happy that I'm not Middle Eastern, Muslim, or Indian or Pakistani even, in the wake of 9/11, because those groups of people have had to endure much worse antagonism, hostility, and outright stupidity. In fact, a very good friend of mine that is Middle Eastern has often told me that he almost wished he had it in him TO kill people who made stupid/racist comments, if only for the sake of helping evolution along a bit.

In any case, I am putting up a disclaimer now, and will put up the same disclaimer at the beginning of my next post just to warn people off. *clears throat*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DISCLAIMER:
What I have to say in no way excuses what the killer has done. Yes, it was a monstrous thing to do, to kill so many people to fulfill his need for revenge. Yes, no one should ever take an innocent's life the way he did. Don't ever for a MINUTE, think that I feel that these atrocities are "okay" or "justifiable". I don't at all.

My father, in his teachings of martial arts to me, often said two phrases that I always said were the cheesiest shit I had ever heard. They now seem very applicable. "Your greatest enemy is within you" and "No pain, no gain". For those of you that CANNOT think outside of the box, that persist in being held back by traditional ways of thinking, are not open minded, and just want to be led like sheep, don't bother reading my next post in this blog, because you won't understand it, and more than likely it will upset you quite a bit.

Furthermore, what I mean by repeating those two statements my father made is simply that, its true that your most fearsome enemy is yourself. Only you have the capability of lying to yourself and hurting yourself more than anyone ever could. Only you have the ability to pull the wool over your own eyes and persist in propagating your own ignorance. What I have to say is probably going to upset most if not all people who read it, but you know what? Too bad. There is no growth without some pain, hence the term GROWING PAINS. There is no advancement without some suffering. If you can read what I have to say and understand it, then I commend you for being an individual, someone able to THINK. I don't ask that you agree with me, only that you really and truly think about what I have to say, even if it makes you mad, even if it upsets you. ESPECIALLY if it does those things.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That said, stay tuned, I'll be posting the inflammatory remarks sometime shortly. Its taken me 3 days to finish writing it, because every time I see the news or people call me or text me, or email me about this, I become so enraged, so blindingly furious, it becomes hard to even think coherently.

Lastly, if you're so upset at what I have to say that you are angry with me or feel some other sort of strong adverse emotion, and you feel like you need to let me know, keep it to yourself. I don't need to hear your BS, write about it in your own blog or whatever, but don't waste your time and mine telling me shit I could care less about. No ignorant shit you have to say is going to change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment