Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Public Service Announcement...

"Now before I finish, let me just say: I did not come here to show out, did not come here to impress you. Because to tell you the truth when I leave here I'm gone...and I don't care WHAT you think about me - but just remember, when [shit] hits the fan, whether it's next year, ten years, twenty years from now, you'll never be able to say that [this bitch] lied to you, JACK!"

So I was listening to this in the car the other day, and I have no idea where it came from, but I thought it was very apropos for me specifically. If I could have these words engraved on my tombstone, I would. Well, okay, maybe I wouldn't, but still. They are, nonetheless, "famous last words" for me.

Okay so, why do these words apply to ME, you ask? Well. Here's the thing. They struck me because I honestly do feel that way. I generally don't do things to impress people, (unless I need to for some reason) I'm not an attention whore. I do what I do because its me, because its what I am. And when I do leave somewhere, a person, a place, a situation...when I leave it either physically or mentally, I AM gone. And the best part of the whole thing, I like to think that I can pride myself on the ability to be honest. So maybe people sometimes don't want to hear honesty. Maybe sometimes I'm a little too honest. But...nonetheless the fact still remains... If you know anything about me, you should know that you would always be able to say that this bitch never lied to you, JACK!

No comments:

Post a Comment